Is there seriously anything better than a Reese’s? The GOAT of candy IMO (don’t @ me Team Snickers) and is really just a little piece of chocolately peanut butter heaven. Unfortunately, after you take a look at the ingredient list of your traditional Reese’s, it…
Pumpkin pie in healthy fudge form?! YES PLEASE Did you know that pumpkins are chock full of vitamins + minerals (particularly vitamins A + C, potassium, magnesium + iron) as well as antioxidants +fiber?! So as if we needed another reason to enjoy pumpkin EVERYTHING,…
Can I get a “HEEELLLLL YEAAAA” for pasta salad szn!?! What is it about cold pasta with veggies + dressing that makes it so DELISH!? I SWOOON!
Anyways, I love pasta salad for many reasons and I KNOW you guys are all dying to hear why so here’s just a few:
1. It means the weather is above freezing + I will most likely be eating it outside with a cocktail 🙂
2. It’s versatile…you can use really any veggies, protein, etc. you have in your fridge and it’ll be delish!
3. It’s healthy! There are so many healthy pasta options these days…chickpea, whole grain, lentil, etc. and you can load it up with tons of veggies! Top it off with a simple, homemade dressing that isn’t full of nasty additives + sugar and you’ve got yourself a high quality meal!
Here is a super simple pasta salad recipe with an easy garlic lemon vinaigrette for you to whip up this summer!
Pasta salad w/lemon garlic vinaigrette
Ingredients (pasta salad):
1 box Banza penne pasta or any pasta of choice
1 2.5oz jar black sliced olives
1 cucumber chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 yellow bell pepper chopped
Ingredients (lemon garlic vinaigrette):
1/4 cup EVOO
1/4 cup lemon juice
1tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
3 clothes chopped garlic
1 tsp dried parsley
dash of salt + pepper
- Cook pasta according to instructions
- Mix all vinaigrette ingredients together + refrigerate
- Once pasta is cooked combine with chopped veggies + 1/2 of vinaigrette + refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Mix in the rest of the vinaigrette and ENJOY!