Copycat Reese’s PB cups
Is there seriously anything better than a Reese’s? The GOAT of candy IMO (don’t @ me Team Snickers) and is really just a little piece of chocolately peanut butter heaven. Unfortunately, after you take a look at the ingredient list of your traditional Reese’s, it ain’t so heavenly! Emulsifiers made from refined oils, preservatives that are linked to many health conditions and a whopping 22 grams of sugar per serving…YIKES, no thank you!!
These copycat Reeses are made with 5 simple ingredients: unsweetened cocao chips, coconut oil, honey, peanut butter + coconut sugar. They’re easy to whip up, insanely delicious and you don’t have to worry about any SPOOOKYYY hidden ingredients..did you just win the candy lottery?!! YUPPPP!
Throw on some Monster Mash + TREAT YO’SELF!
1 cup unsweetened cacao chips melted (I used Trader Joes version)
1/2 coconut oil melted
1/4 cup honey (can sub maple syrup)
sea salt (optional)
Peanut Butter Layer:
1/2 cup organic peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut oil melted
1 tsp coconut sugar
- Line a mini muffin tin with mini candy liners (they’re V cute!). Should yield about 12-15 cups.
- In a medium sized bowl add melted cocoa nibs, coconut oil and honey and stir to combine
- Drop about a teaspoon of chocolate into each liner then put in the freezer for 10 minutes
- While chocolate layer is doing it’s thang, add peanut butter, melted coconut oil + coconut sugar and stir to combine. It should be almost like a thick soup consistency. If it’s too thick, just warm up the peanut butter in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until it’s just right!
- Drop about a teaspoon of peanut butter on top of the hardened chocolate then put back in the freezer for another 3-5 minutes.
- Top with another teaspoon of the chocolate layer or however much you need to fill the mixture to the of the liner and sprinkle each cup with sea salt. Pop back in the freezer for another 5 minutes or so until the top layer hardens.
- DEVOUR!!!!!! and store the remaining cups (if there are any left!) in the fridge.