Chocolate Caramel Pecan Squares
HOLY MOLYYYYYYY these are what indulgent chocolate dreams are made of! Made with simple, whole ingredients, these will delight your sweet tooth while also giving you healthy fat, protein and antioxidants! Whip these up and let me know what you think of them!
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp chopped pecans
- 5 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp full fat coconut milk
- pink sea salt
- Add coconut sugar and coconut milk to a saucepan over low heat. Stir until the coconut cream has melted.
- Turn the heat to high and continue stirring briskly until it comes to a boil. Stir as the mixture bubbles for about 1 minute then reduce the heat back to low. Continue stirring over low heat for another 3-5 minutes.
- Pour caramel into a small cup and place in the fridge to cool/thicken
- While the caramel is doing its thing, combine all ingredients for the chocolate layer in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour chocolate layer into a 8.5 X 4.5 loaf pan lined with parchment paper
- Drizzle chilled caramel sauce on top of chocolate layer then sprinkle with pink sea salt
- Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour then cut into squares and ENJOY!!!
- Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks but we all know they won’t last that long 🙂